I use WordPress as my blogging software. Lately, my software updates have been failing. Blogging software and other web/Internet software needs to be updated when there are discovered vulnerabilities just like other software. I also use something called Jetpack that provides statistics and other functions for my blog. It also needed to be updated and was failing.
To fix this:
- First, log into your web site administration control panel however you do it. For me, it is cpanel. Get into your file manager and find your plugin directory. If you have ssh access, you can also do it via the command line.
- Find the jetpack directory inside your plugins directory and delete the whole jetpack directory. The plugins directory is inside of the wp-content directory.
- Do a plugins update if required for other plugins
- Do a WordPress update. It took quite a while for me. If it asks you to do a database update, do it.
- Reinstall the Jetpack plugin and activate it if necessary.
- Have fun.
I hope this helps someone with a similar problem.
-John – K7JM